Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 2: Shabbat, hike in Ein Gedi, Eilat

January 11th- Day 2

This morning we got up and ate a yummy buffet breakfast. Their breakfast here is definitely a lot sweeter than ours is. I ate a delicious potato pastry, that tasted almost like a blintz. We then headed out to a hike, which Moran described as "relaxing." I think her definition was slightly different than mine because we climbed up and down a lot! We even got to wade into a spring (under a waterfall!) That was definitely my favorite part of the hike.

Waterfall in Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
Everything was so beautiful! We came back and had a delicious lunch. Again, I ate some schnitzel. I also experienced my first persimmon, which I actually liked! The view from my balcony is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had a beach chair to go sit out on the beach, as today is beautiful beach weather! Incredible! Or as we learned in Hebrew, "Chaval al hazman!" This evening will be our first night out in Eilat, after a quick Havdalah service of course.

View from my balcony
Israel is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and I truly do feel as if I've come home. It is a strange feeling that is very hard to describe.

(Added later)

Last night was so much fun! WE went to an Israeli bar where we literally drank and danced the night away! I had an Israeli beer called Gold Star. It was a dark beer which I liked better than I thought. It was a great night and I'm glad that I got to experience a night out in Eilat!


Sam and I out in Eilat

No comments:

Post a Comment