Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 3: Mountain Climbing, snorkeling, Kibbutz Lotan, and Bedoin Tents

January 12th- Day 3

View from the top of Eilat Mountains
Top of Eilat Mountains
This morning we woke up to another traditional breakfast. We headed to the Eilat mountains, where we did a rather steep climb! I am currently at the top of the mountain where we can see Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. The view could literally take your breath away! I still can't believe we are here! The climb down is supposedly difficult, which I am definitely a bit nervous for, considering my track record from yesterday. But, after we get down, we are going snorkeling, so I am excited to challenge myself and face another fear of mine. While in Israel, I am trying to keep an open mind and try everything! I do not want this amazing gift to go to waste!

The climb down was as crazy as promised as we literally crawled down the side of a mountain! It was insane but I felt so accomplished once I reached the bottom.
Climbing down Eilat Mountains

 I then conquered my fear and went snorkeling! We saw a lot of amazing fish, however I felt like I swallowed half of the Red Sea. After a quick change and lunch (some really yummy iced coffee too) we headed off to the Kibbutz Lotan, a self-sustaining kibbutz.We saw mud huts and made arches with mud bricks.

Israeli Coffee
Kibbutz Lotan
















We then took a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to the Bedoin Tents where we had a traditional Bedoin meal and learned about Bedoin culture. We also had a campfire and stayed up talking for awhile. Another full and amazing day!


Mud hut at Kibbutz Lotan


No comments:

Post a Comment