Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 14th: Day 5

We started our day in Tel Aviv at the Shalom building, where we looked at the mosaic illustrating the history of Tel Aviv. We learned that Tel Aviv was the first Hebrew city established in Israel. Then we went to Herzl's house, where we listened to the recording of the signing of the Declaration of Independence in Israel.
Inside Herzl's house
Then, we went to Rabin Square and saw the Rabin Memorial. He was a Prime Minister of Israel and wanted Peace in the Middle East. He was assassinated by an Israeli, who still remains in jail to this day.

Rabin Memorial
For lunch today, we went to a place called Dr. Shakshuka, which was so delicious! I can't explain what I ate but it was amazing!
Shakshuka
After lunch we went to Jaffa, which was a beautiful, old city. In Jaffa, we got to go to a marketplace, where I had my first experience with haggling. I got a few things that I really liked!

Wearing my newly acquired goodies:)
Tonight we went to the Mega Event, which was a really cool experience. We did a lot of dancing and even got to see the Prime Minister speak. The founders of Taglit also spoke. It was definitely an interesting experience and a good ending to a long day!

Mega Event
Reping Israeli Pride at Mega Event

No comments:

Post a Comment